Friday 31 January 2014

31 January 2014 - Finished!

Well I did it. 48 weeks of triple therapy done.

I made it through without needing to take any sick leave. I work a three day week, I couldn't have worked full time, but three days was manageable.

My last viral load on treatment, taken at week 44, was undetectable. Still undetectable! Makes me want to do a little dance. Phew. It's all gone well.

By the end of treatment I was anaemic, neutropenic and something else who's name I can't remember.  No reason to think they shouldn't all recover now that treatment has stopped. My thyroid has made it through intact, for which I am very grateful.

I'm tired and low on energy. My motivation had got very low, I was living on ready meals and washing up twice a week by the end of treatment. I don't think I'd have managed without the anti-depressants keeping me stable.

Just the wait now - 12 weeks to find out if I'm clear. That's the end of April. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Its rough doing it. I did the trip therepy in 2012 and I dont know how my wife put up with me for that long! It did put me in the hospital 2 times, my job at the time eventually had to let me go, and I still have some effects on my joints. But, sometimes achievement cost sacrifice. Thanks to my docs and lots of US pharmaceuticals, I got through it and im still negative to this day! It was hell, but it was worth it if it gave me 30 plus years. Anyone reading this, if u can, I recommend doing it, do ur weekly labs and stay with the treatment. If u have good doctors, they will give u the meds/counseling to make it through it. There are resources out there that will give u grants to cover the copays. ( unfortunately, if u dont have insurance, it would be prohibitively expensive. Make sure u mentally prepare yourself and your family. As they say... no pain, no gain, but 48 weeks buys me 2, 3, 4 more decades... thats a bargain! I hope this helps! God bless and good luck to anyone who is thinking, or undergoing treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi rocco, It sounds like you had a really rough time, but are really grateful now. That's how I feel. It's so good that the drugs have improved and that in future the cost won't be so high.

    ReplyDelete